Friday, September 24, 2010

Long Week

Blessings to each of you!

I have been 'Regulating Sugers' all week. Had two appointments in and have slept lots. Very Weary but last night felt some strength return.

Yesterday I met with an entire team of Endocrinologists! My Doctor wanted to make sure all the right things were being done with the Diabetis. The good news is that my sugers are "perfect" in the morning... so no more finger pricking to test in the mornings. I will take an oral insulin in the morning with the steroid and as the sterdoid unleashes it's magic that oral insulin will be there ready to balance it by the night time. The name of it is: Novo-Glyburide.

I have just been eating protein and vegetables since monday and the Endrocrinologist says that they can give me more "quality of life than that". So, 1/2 a tablet the next morning with the Steroid and if my numbers before supper are a little high, then take a full tablet the next morning. I understand not eating carbs makes one weary, which I certainly have been. So, some carbs is good!

Holding onto God's rich truth. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you." John 15:7 I am still seeking God's face and asking for His preparation over Rob and I for retirement years soon approaching. Oh that we would be ready for whatever that looks like. Trying to go through bits and pieces of our house where I have been for 22 years, and do some sorting as I am able.

I see such pain in my Rob as he walks. I am seeking God for healing in his feet, shoulders and maybe a new direction... There are wonderful things on the horizon. Good to just lean in and trust God for tomorrow. He knows all that lies ahead.

Thank you again for standing with us!
Lorna the Leukemia Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment