Monday, November 15, 2010

Blood Transfusion...

"Hello" to so many wonderful people who care!!

Just when I was thinking how incredible it has been, that I have not needed to have a blood transfusion.... and how my blood has been able to ~ on it's own~ rebuild the white blood count.... Yesterday in VGH, I found out that my hemoglobin was at 85! (They give a transfusion at 80).

So, tomorrow I will get two units of blood. It is a familiar feeling from when I was going down to 55 last March. When I go upstairs, I am heaving for air! So it is a good thing to be looked after. I guess with the ugly round of chemo and then one more right after, my body is not quite strong enough to rebuild the white blood supply!!

My last transfusion was June 11th, and I have not been below 100 since! So, I have been doing well for 5 months!!

One Day at a Time!
The Leukemia Mamma

No comments:

Post a Comment