Thursday, April 15, 2010

A good day

My Mom is having a good day today. Her energy level is good and her spirits are up. It's so nice to walk into her room and see her acting like her normal self, except of course for the tubes coming out of her shirt and the IV machines that follow her around.
She is sitting by the window having an animated conversation with a friend who has just come by, her lunch sitting in front of her and the bright red daunorubicin hooked up to her IV.
I drove into Vancouver all by myself today and didn't get lost. It is so beautiful outside and the peace matches the atmosphere in my Mom's room.

I know we've said this before, but we really do appreciate your prayers. They are making such a big difference. Mom is at peace. I have heard her say more than once "This is the girl who fainted when she got her grade six shots and I've had IV's, blood drawn, surgery and I've been fine!" It is these little blessings that have made such a big difference. Thank you so much for walking alongside us.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Rom. 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
    Rom. 8:39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from athe love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    We may be out of sight for the moment.......but not out of mind. Our prayers mean nothing.....except for the all sufficiency of the One to whom we pray.

    So we rejoice in Him for he is faithful to you.

    ReplyDelete